[REQ_ERR: 403] [KTrafficClient] Something is wrong. Enable debug mode to see the reason.[REQ_ERR: 403] [KTrafficClient] Something is wrong. Enable debug mode to see the reason. Import cars to Malasia – Auto Exporters
0 Compare Page

Import cars to Malasia

Thinking of Importing a car from UK to Malaysia? AutoExporters can assist you all the way in getting your dream car imported to Malaysia from UK and from other countries. Please contact a member of our team for more information on Importing your car to Malaysia.

Right-Hand Drive Vehicle

Importation of right hand drive vehicle is permitted in Malaysia. In Malaysia traffic moves on left hand side of the road. Importer should meet the following conditions if want to import a car to the country

  • Importation of used vehicleswith more than 5 years old is restricted in Malaysia.
  • Valid work permits for the country.
  • Vehicle importation only for personal use only; the car cannot be sold or transferred.
  • Vehicle must be exported when employment in the country ends.

Procedure :

To import your car to Malaysia, you must apply for an Approval Permit (AP) from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI). In order to apply for this permit, your car must be registered under your name for at least 3 years.

Documents required for AP from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry

  • Original and photocopy of passport.
  • Ownership certificate or original or photocopy of registration document.
  • Insurance or prove of minimum one year old under the same name of applicant for AP.
  • JK 69- AP application form.
  • Original and copy of receipt/ purchase invoice for the automobiles.

The permit is valid only for 3 months. If one does not import the vehicle during that period, then have to go through the whole process again.


Documents required for importing a used vehicle into Malaysia

  •  letter of application addressed to the Ministry Of International Trade and Industry (MITI) for importing a car from your home country to Malaysia for personal use.
  • A JK69 form must be purchased MITI and duly completed.
  • Documentation of car which indicate proof of ownership. Typically this will be a purchase receipt or transfer of ownership/letter from the previous owner if the car was purchased second-hand.
  • The original and photocopied registration document of car.